An individual with prediabetes can delay or prevent Type 2 diabetes by making simple lifestyle changes. Diet and moderate exercise resulting in a 5-7 percent weight loss (usually about 10-15 pounds) often work to bring blood sugar levels back down to a ...
The National Diabetes Prevention Program is a community-based, lifestyle change program offering diabetes prevention education and support for people with prediabetes. Participants learn how to create a healthier lifestyle and prevent diabetes in a 22-session diabetes prevention program.
Groups meet with a trained instructor to help participants lose weight, eat healthier and increase physical activity. Groups meet for 16 sessions over a six-month period, and attend six monthly follow-up sessions for the remainder of the year. Each session is one-hour long. Sessions cover:
• Session 1—Welcome and Getting Started.
• Session 2—Be a Fat and Calorie Detective.
• Session 3—Ways to Eat Less Fat and Fewer Calories.
• Session 4—Healthy Eating.
• Session 5—Move Those Muscles.
• Session 6—Being Active: A Way of Life.
• Session 7—Tip the Calorie Balance.
• Session 8—Take Charge of What's Around You.
• Session 9—Problem Solving.
• Session 10—Four Keys to Healthy Eating Out.
• Session 11—Talk Back to Negative Thoughts.
• Session 12—The Slippery Slope of Lifestyle Change.
• Session 13—Jump Start Your Activity Plan.
• Session 14—Make Social Cues Work for You.
• Session 15—You Can Manage Stress.
• Session 16—Ways to Stay Motivated.
Four classes start on Wednesday, Sept. 5. Choose a time and then attend future sessions with the same group:
• 10:30-11:30 a.m.
• Noon-1 p.m.
• 3-4 p.m.
• 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Classes are all at Essentia Health-Baxter Clinic, 13060 Isle Drive, Baxter.
To register:go to www.crowwingenergized.org/events
Fee: No charge ($429 value).
For more information, contact Kara Schaefer by email at Kara.Schaefer@EssentiaHealth.org.
Crow Wing Energized's grassroots efforts to make the healthy choice the easy choice happens through the volunteers that lead classes and trainings in our community. Interested in becoming a volunteer lifestyle change trainer?
Certified lifestyle coach training is planned in Brainerd 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 25-26 at Essentia Health-St. Joseph's Medical Center.
The training is free (representing a $750 value), but registration is required. Go to https://bit.ly/2LLzvtV for more information.
lifestyle lifestyleshop lifestyles lifestyle magazin lifestyles skyn lifestyle hotel wellness lifestyle cook it lifestyle hotel kupon lifestyleshop kupon lifestyles ultra thin