Late last month, Trump signed a separate executive order lowering the number of refugees allowed into the U.S. next year to 45,000 — the lowest cap since Congress passed the Refugee Act in 1980. President Obama had increased the cap to 110,000.
WASHINGTON—The Trump administration will allow refugee admissions to the U.S. to resume for all countries but with new rules meant to better vet applicants, administration officials and others familiar with the planning said.
The White House plans to announce the resumption of admissions and at least some of the new rules on Tuesday, officials said. Refugee admissions had generally been halted in June, with some exceptions.
donald trump,refugee,refugees,trump,U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services,political,general news,migration,politics,international relations,domestic politics